Tuesday 3 December 2013

Oh Yeah!

So I finished watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off a few minutes ago; I have watched it before, this wasn't my first time. If you haven't watched it yet, I'd highly recommend it. It is one of those "kind of classic" movies that you just need to watch to say that you've watched it. It featured that annoying "Oh yeah" song thing, which has also been used by quite a few movies and series, but why? I personally find it quite annoying: I therefore decided to Google it.

Everyone probably knows all of this already, but it's new to me, so I'm writing this post about it anyway. Ain't no one be stoppin' me!

The song is literally called "Oh Yeah", a single released in 1985 by the Swiss band Yello. (Thank you, Wikipedia!) It was first featured in above-mentioned movie, and has since been associated with anything "hot" or desirable.

It also has a music video, and to my surprise, some lyrics other than "Oh Yeah". I know, right!? I was not expecting that either. Here are the lyrics, for anyone wanting to sing along:

Oh yeah... oh yeah... oh yeah
The moon... beautiful
The sun... even more beautiful
Oh yeah... oh yeah... oh yeah

Beautiful
Oh yeah... oh yeah...

Absurdly poetic, as is the video. Never has the sun and moon been described more accurately or vividly.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment